NHTSA Releases its Most Recent Installment of RV Recalls – RVBusiness – Breaking RV Industry News
EDITOR’S NOTE: The following is the latest list of RV recalls compiled by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). Per strict NHTSA protocols, manufacturers will next notify its dealer partners of the recall notice. Each notice will include details of the affected vehicles as well as the appropriate remedy.
• Winnebago Towable (Winnebago) is recalling 856 2017-2018 Micro Minnie travel trailers. The murphy bed may raise unintentionally if there is weight at the head of the bed and the button strap is not properly latched. Dealers will install a new automatic latching mechanism, free of charge. Owner notification letters are expected to be mailed January 5, 2024. Winnebago’s number for this recall is CAM0000031.
• Jayco, Inc. (Jayco) is recalling 168 2023-2024 Jayco White Hawk travel trailers. A window may be incorrectly marked as an emergency exit. Dealer will replace the red handle and red screen knob and remove the exit decal, free of charge. Owner notification letters are expected to be mailed December 8, 2023. Jayco’s number for this recall is 9901596.
• Ford Motor Company is recalling 13 2022-2023 Ford Super Duty F-350, F-450, F-550, and F-600 vehicles. The fasteners for the front wheel hub extender may be insufficiently tightened, which can result in the wheel and wheel extender detaching from the vehicle. Owners are advised not to drive their vehicle until the repair has been performed. Dealers will inspect the front wheel hub extender retaining nuts. If the retaining nuts are loose, dealers will replace the wheel hub extender, retaining nuts, and hub assembly. Repairs will be performed free of charge. Owner notification letters are expected to be mailed November 27, 2023. Ford’s number for this recall is 23S59.
• Thor Motor Coach (TMC) is recalling 2,295 2021-2024 Thor Rize and Scope motorhomes. The solar panel frame may fracture around the mounting bolts, allowing the panel to detach from the vehicle. The remedy is currently under development. Owner notification letters are expected to be mailed January 9, 2024. TMC’s number for this recall is RC000298.
• Triple E Recreational Vehicles (Triple E) is recalling 37 2023-2024 Triple E Wonder W24RTB, W24RL, and W24FTB motorhomes. The wire insulation on the 120-volt wire routed to the air conditioner may become damaged, which can cause electrical arcing. Dealers will install a grommet and 2 screws, free of charge. Owner notification letters are expected to be mailed November 21, 2023. Triple E’s number for this recall is CA#10438-1.