RVs Move America Week to Feature Economist, Awards
With RVs Move America Week right around the corner, the RV Industry Association (RVIA) has announced that Chief Global Economist Bernard Baumohl of The Economic Outlook Group will address attendees during lunch on Monday, June 5. In addition, RVIA officials said that one of the week’s most highly anticipated events is the RV Industry Association’s Awards Program, which annually recognizes individuals, companies, and organizations for outstanding contributions to the advancement of the RV industry.
RVs Move America Week is taking place June 4-8 in Washington D.C. The event will begin with two days of committee meetings and feature an opportunity to meet with federal policymakers. Participants will gain insight on the state of the RV industry from association leaders and on the policies of the administration from political speakers.
The presentation of awards honors exceptional service and achievements in the areas of RV standards, education and government affairs. RVIA’s Awards Committee oversees the annual program and works with staff and industry colleagues to identify, nominate and name honorees.
The following three awards will be given out during the Monday lunch at RVs Move America Week:
- The David J. Humphreys RV Industry Unity Award, which recognizes an individual who continuously strives to encourage the multiple constituencies of the RV industry to work collectively for the growth and betterment of the industry.
- The National Education Service Award, which recognizes an individual who has been instrumental in the development of educational programs in the RV industry.
- The Distinguished Achievement in RV Standards, which recognizes an individual who has contributed to the enhancement of RV standards in the industry.
In addition, the following four awards will be announced during the Tuesday lunch that week:
- The Distinguished Service to the RV Industry, which will be presented to an individual within the RV industry who has set himself or herself apart by outstanding service. It is the Association’s highest honor.
- The National Legislative Award, which recognizes an individual who has distinguished himself or herself in legislative matters pertaining to the RV industry
- The Special Award, which will be presented to an individual within the RV industry who has made extraordinary contributions to the industry’s overall success.
- The National Scholastic Award, which will be presented to state/regional association directors or institutions who have contributed most to the advancement of technical training within the industry.
RVIA officials are excited to announce the winners and recognize some of the RV industry’s most prominent contributors. Past recipients of these and other awards can be viewed here.
Award-Winning Economist Headlines Monday Lunch at RVs Move America Week
Chief Global Economist Bernard Baumohl of The Economic Outlook Group will address RVs Move America Week attendees during lunch on Monday June 5. Baumohl is well known for being ahead of the curve in assessing the direction of the U.S. and world economy. He is an award-winning economics reporter with TIME magazine who covered the White House, Federal Reserve and Wall Street. In addition, he is a member of the monthly Wall Street Journal Economic Forecast Panel and his projections on the economy and geopolitical outlook are frequently cited in the New York Times, Washington Post, Business Week, Financial Times, and on National Public Radio.
The RV Industry Association would like to thank Forest River for sponsoring Monday’s lunch event and speaker.