Campspot Releases ‘Best Cities for a Calm-Cation’ Index – RVBusiness – Breaking RV Industry News
As experts in finding the perfect campsite, Campspot wants to make it easy for travelers to experience their own ‘Calm-cation’ and has ranked the country’s best cities for a water-driven getaway or a clear sky holiday. To create the “America’s Best Cities for a Calm-Cation Index,” Campspot analyzed more than 2.5 million internal and external data points based on five different categories, including campground availability, experience, value, and high-speed internet connectivity, as well as proximity to water and water-based amenities or public air quality and proximity to Dark Sky designated parks, depending on the type of Calm-cation.
America’s Best Cities for a Calm-Cation Index – Top 20
Best Cities for a ‘Water-Lust Wellness’ Calm-Cation
Great destinations to experience the healing properties of a water-themed vacation
- Ashland, NH
- Auburn, ME
- Grand Rapids, MI
- Rehoboth Beach, DE
- Knoxville, TN
- Port Aransas, TX
- New Braunfels, TX
- Wisconsin Dells, WI
- Lake George, NY
- Navarre, FL
Best Cities for a ‘Clear Sky Sanctuary’ Calm-Cation
Top spots to experience incredible night sky views and fresh air freedom
- Asheville, NC
- Jamestown, TN
- New Braunfels, TX
- Greenville, ME
- Kanab, UT
- Luray, VA
- Moab, UT
- Sedona, AZ
- Mackinaw City, MI
- Ellison Bay, WI
What Makes a Great Calm-Cation Destination?
To rank the best cities for the two most popular types of ‘Calm-cations,’ these 20 destinations ranked highly in the following categories**:
- Campground Availability: Destinations were scored by the density of nearby campgrounds
- Overall Ratings: Destinations were scored by the average ratings of nearby campgrounds
- Average Price: Destinations were scored by the average nightly rates of nearby campgrounds
- High-Speed Internet Connection: Destinations were scored by camper ratings of wifi and cell phone reception and wifi amenities of nearby campgrounds
- Proximity to Water & Themed Amenities: “Water-lust Wellness” destinations were scored by the number of local campgrounds near natural bodies of water. They were also scored by the number of nearby campgrounds that offer water amenities including waterfront, beach, and fishing availability.
- AQI Data and Dark Skies Proximity: “Clear Sky” destinations were scored by local public air quality index (AQI) data, as well as each destination’s proximity to International Dark Sky Association designated parks. They were also scored by the number of nearby campgrounds that offer hiking and other fresh air amenities.
“Campspot is on a mission to simplify the search for the perfect camping experience, ensuring that every camper can effortlessly discover their ideal spot in the great outdoors,” said Erin Stender, CMO of Campspot. “In response to the growing demand for serene and rejuvenating vacations, we’ve delved into our treasure trove of data to uncover the ultimate destinations for a ‘Calm-cation’ and we were excited to see some unexpected additions to our list. We believe that nature has the power to heal and rejuvenate, and we’re committed to helping more campers connect with the tranquility they seek in the most beautiful and serene corners of the world.”
Ready to book a ‘Calm-cation’ of your own? Campspot lets travelers search over 200,000 campsites around the country, and allows them to easily filter by location, stay type and amenities – so whether you want to stay in a cabin or RV site with a beach, fishing, hiking, or more, it’s easy to find exactly what you’re looking for.
To view the complete city index and featured campgrounds in each destination, visit https://www.campspot.com/about/camping-trends.