GOSHEN, Ind. – Genesis Products announced today (Jan. 31) it has entered an agreement to purchase Funder America, Inc.
The announcement came at the start of the 2023 NAHB International Builder Show at the Las Vegas Convention Center.
The companies’ combined product offering will be on display at booth W1800 in the West Hall. The acquisition, expected to close during Q1, positions Genesis to meet the high demand for Thermally Fused Melamine (TFL) panels and broadens Genesis’ expertise as a leading supplier of laminated panels, components and panel processing. Funder America is one of the oldest, largest and most diversified TFL panel and component manufacturers in North America with 50 years of experience.
“Adding TFL manufacturing to our capabilities brings us one step closer to being the most comprehensive supplier of laminated components and panels in North America. We are passionate about leveraging the breadth of our offering to better serve OEMs, distributors and retailers across the country,” said Jon Wenger, CEO of Genesis.
“As an independent TFL producer, Funder has the ability to work with any board or laminate to serve the unique and constantly evolving needs of our joint customers. Our products and capabilities are naturally aligned to be stronger together,” said Peter Funder, who will continue to lead Funder as a division of Genesis after the acquisition.
Funder’s TFL panels and components feature decorative surfaces with enhanced visual appeal, that also exhibit excellent scratch and wear resistance. They are available in a variety of sizes, thicknesses, textures, and designs; an offering that complements industries Genesis currently serves, including kitchen cabinets, closets and shelving, RV, office and healthcare furniture, and more.
In addition to TFL, the following Funder offerings are now available from Genesis:
- High capacity shelving and panel processing
- Durable and fully kitted - an ideal choice for designers or specifiers of commercial furniture, store fixtures, closets or cabinets.
- Exclusive Kora Paintable and Stainable Paper
- Achieves the look and feel of hardwood with reduced prep time and environmental impact. Paint-ready with no primer; accepts most stain types.
- Wood Powder Coating technology
- Powder coating MDF with new and different shapes, contoured with various edge profiles to meet today’s demand for flexibility and fashion design. It features exciting new colors and finishes in a durable end product.
Wenger added that the Funder locations in North Carolina, Florida and Arkansas “will greatly expand our national footprint.”